Online Talk “Onidaiko x Kodo: All About Hitohi”
Onidaiko, which literally translates as “demon drumming,” is one of Sado Island’s iconic, beloved folk traditions. It’s an auspicious demon deity dance set to the beat of a taiko drum. This rousing dance is said to bring good health and fortune.
At this event, Kodo members Koki Miura and Masayasu Maeda will tell you all about "Hitohi,'' a piece they created for the Kodo stage that incorporates aspects of the onidaiko unique to Hamakawachi in Sado’s southeast. Hamakawachi local Noboru Sugiyama will join them to introduce the unique characteristics of this style of onidaiko and share stories from the creative process behind the scenes of “Hitohi.” Throughout the talk, attendees will be encouraged to join the conversation and ask questions in the chat section.
- Live Online Talk
Aug. 8 (Sun) 15:00–16:00 JST* (1 hr)
*Japan Standard Time (GMT + 9)
Note: An archive recording will be available after the livestream for anyone who can’t attend live or wishes to watch the talk again until Aug. 22 23:59 (JST).
Check the date/time in your timezone here.
- EC YouTube Channel (Private Live Stream)
- 700 yen
- Koki Miura, Masayasu Maeda (Kodo), Noboru Sugiyama (Kawachi Wakate)
- Viewer Info
- After we confirm that we have received your payment, a private link will be sent to you.
This talk will be conducted in Japanese and English.
- Available now via the Kodo Ticket Reservation Site.
- Earth Celebration Committee (Person in charge: Ami Akimoto)
Tel. 0259-81-4100（Mon–Fri 9:30–17:00）